Tara wants nothing more than to live and breathe literature.
While every other person grew up wanting to be Cinderella, Tara dreamed about being Belle. Not because she wanted a Beast to call her own. No, she wanted to spend her days with her nose stuck in a book and to find a home with a massive library.
Before coming to Corvisiero, Tara interned for Entangled Publishing reading Romance, YA Fantasy, and YA Contemporary novels. She then joined the Corvisiero team in the summer of 2018 to expand her wings and become an agent.
When Tara isn’t reading manuscripts and working with authors, she is a full-time recruiter and part-time student working on her Bachelors in English. She’s happily married with two fur-babies in Portland, Oregon.
Tara wants to see manuscripts in Adult, New Adult, Young Adult, and upper Middle-Grade categories for the genres below.
She loves romance! She loves it, even more, when it has LGBTQ+ themes.
Tara is not a fan of infidelity, she doesn’t swoon over people in uniform, and she’s probably not your gal for cowboys.
- RED, WHITE, AND ROYAL BLUE, Casey McQuiston
- A LADY’S GUIDE TO PETTICOATS & PIRACY, Mackenzi Lee
- P.S. I LIKE YOU, Kasie West
- CAPTIVE PRINCE, C.S. Pacat
Tara likes fantasies that are character focused. She’s not a big fan of high fantasy, even though she loves Lord of the Rings; she is not the agent to represent the next LOTR. Anything over 120k word count is a good indication that it’s not the right fit for her.
- RAVEN BOYS, Maggie Stiefvater
- SIX OF CROWS, Leigh Bardugo
- PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS, Rick Riordan
- DEVOURING GRAY, Christine Lynn Herman
Tara is picky about sci-fi, but she’d love to see sci-fi that blurs the lines between genres.
Don’t send her your space operas, but if you have unique dystopian, apocalyptic, genetic experimentation, or some other unique sci-fi that has nothing to do with aliens or space, she’s game!
- VICIOUS, V.E. Schwab
- HUNGER GAMES, Suzanne Collins
Tara loves contemporaries with a lot of emotion and strong relationships. She prefers them to have some romance, but not always.
- FANGIRL, Rainbow Rowell
- OPENLY STRAIGHT, Bill Konigsberg
- THE INEXPLICABLE LOGIC OF MY LIFE, Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- THE SERPENT KING, Jeff Zentner
Tara wants emotional stories about family, friends, and love. She wants stories about accepting oneself and trying new things.
- THE PRINCE AND THE DRESSMAKER, Jen Wang
- THE TEA DRAGON SOCIETY, Katie O’Neill
- FENCE, C.S. Pacat
Tara is also willing to look at the following (if you think she would be a great fit for your novel):
- Women’s Fiction
- Historical (preferably with romance)
- Erotica (She’s not opposed to this as long as there is a strong romantic plot)
If it isn’t clear, she wants all the LGBTQ+ books! If you fall anywhere under that colorful rainbow, she wants to see it.
What she doesn’t want:
- Thrillers/Suspense/Crime novels
- High/Epic Fantasies
- Picture Books
- Nonfiction (unless it’s a tarot card proposal!)
- Romances with infidelity